2022 Stand Up To Bullies Scholarship
At the Miller Injury Firm, we believe in living by example. This means we stand up for the most vulnerable in our community. Often that is children who have fallen victim to bullying. Today, modern technology makes it even more difficult for children to escape their tormentors. Research shows that roughly 20% of students ages 12 to18 experience bullying nationwide, often resulting in decreased self-confidence, an impact on mental health, and creating an uncomfortable learning environment.
At the Miller Injury Firm, we are inspired by those who possess the courage and compassion to stand up for those who are being bullied and want to do our part to encourage students to help prevent bullying. To spread awareness about bullying and reward those who stand up to bullies, we are excited to introduce the 2022 Stand Up To Bullies Scholarship. High school students in their senior year and undergraduate students in their freshman or sophomore years are encouraged to submit an essay of 750-1,000 words that tells us what you do (or have done) to help prevent bullying and why you believe it is important to raise awareness about bullying.
The recipient of the 2022 Stand Up To Bullies Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
- The candidate must be a high school student in their senior year or undergraduate student in their freshman or sophomore year (or equivalent year)
- The candidate must submit a 750-1,000 word essay illustrating what they do to prevent bullying and why they believe that it is important to raise awareness surrounding the effects of bullying
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their prior school.
- Must satisfy eligibility requirements and agree to the Terms and Conditions
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to email@example.com by March 31st, 2022. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “Miller Injury Firm – 2022 Stand Up To Bullies Scholarship Application”